Following the latest government’s announcement, Winchester and the County of Hampshire will sit in Tier 2 restrictions from Wednesday 2 December.
This means the hotel is fully open for those who need to travel for business or leisure. The restaurant & bar will be open but alcohol can only be served with a substantial meal. Guests must adhere to social distancing rules by not mixing with other households and the maximum rule of six applies to all table bookings.
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues is our top priority, and we have implemented new hygiene procedures above and beyond our standard protocols, as well as social distancing measures, in line with government and public health advice.
We will be asking all guests to sign in at reception on our Track & Trace system, whether staying at the hotel or using meeting space, dining facilities or any other hotel facility. This is current law and we’re grateful of your understanding and compliance.
Please find details of all our new policies below:
How we are looking after guests
To ensure the safety and well-being of our guests and visitors after re-opening, we have worked on putting in place a range of new measures at the Winchester Royal hotel. These include the following:
- Reduced contact at check-in and check-out
- Contactless payment options available
- Protective screens at reception
- Thorough cleaning of keys cards between uses
- Social distancing adhered to throughout hotel
- Hand sanitiser stations in key locations
How we are looking after our teams
Alongside our guests, it’s vital that our teams can work in a safe and happy environment while continuing to satisfy the needs of our guests. With that in mind, the following new measures have been implemented at the Winchester Royal Hotel:
- Training on social distancing and hygiene standards
- Job specific training
- Clear guidance if feeling unwell
- Access to PPE where required
- Improved communications for advice and guidance
Our new cleaning measures
The Winchester Royal Hotel has always been a clean and safe environment, and we continue to follow the latest advice and guidelines for cleaning. Some extra measures we’ve taken in light of Coronavirus are outlined below:
- Thoroughly deep cleaned and sanitisation all guest rooms and public areas
- Used globally approved products proven to be effective against Coronavirus
- Increased allotted time for cleaning each room to allow deeper level of cleaning
- Disinfection of all touch points within bedrooms including handles, phones, desks etc.
- ‘One cloth per room’ policy meaning a new/fresh cleaning cloth is used in every room
- Revised team training to ensure everyone follows the new cleaning standards
- Increased frequency of cleaning public areas including lifts controls, door handles etc.
- Use of appropriate PPE, where necessary, and keeping on top of future government advice
Will the Restaurant be open?
The Restaurant and Bar will open from Wednesday 2 December but alcohol can only be served with a substantial meal. Guests must adhere to social distancing rules by not mixing with other households and the maximum rule of six applies to all table bookings.
Coronavirus NHS QR codes will be on display at all entrances to the hotel and we ask all guests to scan them using the NHS app when they enter. By law, we are still required to capture guest details so please make sure you do so when arriving at the Winchester Royal Hotel.
We continue to monitor developments around the world and are in contact with global organisations including the World Health Organization (WHO), Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and relevant to ensure the actions we take are comprehensive and suitable.